Your Unique & Divine Path




For those of you who don’t know, I am in Bible College (online) working on my Master’s in Biblical Counseling - that is 1/2 the backstory to today’s post.  The other half is that I have a scripture study/ accountability partner who is STRUGGLING with putting the Divine things first in life, knowing what they need to do and not being able to make the changes.  I have been here 1000 times in my life, these days I am actively aligning the best I am able each day. However, my weakness of late has been not heading Divine promptings. So, I am sharing this with you because the experience shouts to me ... ‘Share  THIS, people Need This!’  

Last night I revived a text that basically said, ‘I’m exhausted. I’m worn out. I am not making scripture study in the AM.’  I could HEAR and SEE the dug in heels as I read the text.  

This was my response: 

I find it interesting to find this communication this morning because the one thing I didn’t say yesterday was about limiting beliefs and cutting off God from REaLLY showing you what he is capable of in your life and what you’re capable of.  What I didn’t say came to me fiercely and strong when you told me you were too tired to go to Church on Sunday.  

It’s basically this:  People have chosen to limit where and how they’re willing to see God show up in their life and define their edges in life as ‘this is all I am capable of’ and they shut down/ are faint.   As humans we so rarely get to the proverbial ‘end of our rope’ and cry out saying something like:  

Lord, this is as far as I believe myself capable of going, please lend me your supernatural strength to honor my commitments to you & those I love. Please, Lord, fortify my strength and expand the efficiency of my rest so I can show up and testify that I am where I am because of the strength you gave me. Lord, work in my mind and remove my limiting belief.

Instead, we send text messages that say: 

‘OK I’m letting you know right now I’m not gonna be home till midnight I’m not going to turn around and get up at six or 630 I just can’t do it. I was actually up at 2:30 this morning.’ 

When what could have been said/ done is: 

I’m looking at getting home at midnight, I’ll likely have been up 24 hours by the time I get to sleep.  My time with you and with the Lord is important.  I am going to ask Him to fully restore me and give me the best 4 hours of sleep in my life so I can move forward as a disciple of Christ.  If it’s his will, I’ll see you at our regularly scheduled time... but I’m putting it in God’s hands.   

Take note of the difference in perspective in those texts. 

I think the battle you (and humans in general) are MOST facing in life is that YOU think that YOU have to make these massive shifts. YOU do not. YOU need to get the heck out of Dodge, go up to your proverbial mountain- away from it ALL- and get with God in a REALLY significant way so HE can guide you through [the issues tugging at you in life.] 

STOP saying you’re sick of things the way they are. STOP being disappointed in yourself for not showing up the way you say you want to show up. STOP letting the world have your time.  STOP it all & get with God and NOT in a ‘I’ll squeeze it in between this thing of the world and that thing of the world, because [others/ your boss/your spouse] have no idea how much stuff I really have going on.’  Break the chains of should/ have to/ can only and and GO FIND who you are with God, give God- give JESUS your firsts and ALL your time... he was mocked, tortured, & painfully crucified for you and he would have done it if YOU were the only person he had to save.   He does NOT deserve the time between your to-dos on your list, He IS your to-do list- the rest will sort itself out as you make the the highest and best choices for your life. 

YOU are a Fierce Warrior for all that is good and DIVINE in this world, act like it. Get on the path that is uniquely meant for you. 

Comments

Popular Posts