One Step At A Time



It was chilly and the wind was biting but we layered up and headed out for our first official 5K today!



There were bagpipes and tutus as we were parading through Pawtucket, RI and it was awesome.  I love walking through cities and towns. I took wedding photos at this mill, drove by it regularly when I worked up the street, but I saw this beautiful view for the first time today.



It is funny how a mile and a half down the road seems like nothing in a car, but walking in brisk wind gusts one can feel like they are REALLY enduring something. LOL.  It wasn’t endurance this adventure called for,  rather to move and infuse one’s cell with LIFE.



We made it through in less than an hour!  Parker started out with me and Nana, but he was READY to move it and run. Thankfully he had Ms. Stasy to keep up with and they maid it to the finish line about 5 minutes before Nana & me. 


Parker was stoked to EARN his first medal, but not quite as stoked as me.  For me this wasn’t about completing a 5K, it was about starting new and better family traditions, about listening to my soul and moving my body, about showing up and believing in myself enough to trust myself.  



It is never too late to begin new traditions. Ms. Stasy is currently in better physical shape than me, but this is her first 5K as well.  I am grateful for friendships and people who inspire me to honor myself and my strength by living firmly in their power.  I can only hope to be as inspirational as my Mom and Ms. Stasy are.


This kid deserves  a Mom who is present, filled with Joy  and supportive of all his current and future dreams. For him and with him  I will choose each day to live as well as possible. 



We are the CHAMPIONS of our own lives and our own experiences. 



...... even when we have to be bribed with Lucky Charms to show up ;) 



Comments

Popular Posts